From completing 2100 miles of the Appalachian Trail to diving deep into the data, I am an enthusiastic, detail-oriented data scientist who thrives on analyzing and telling data driven stories to bring diverse teams and ideas together.
Skills: Python; R; SQL; Using APIs; Machine Learning Modeling; Natural Language Processing; Data Visualization; Agile Project Management; Sales Force; Avectra; Excel; DreamWeaver; HTML
MITRE ∙ Mclean, VA ∙ 2019- Present
General Assembly: Data Science Immersive Program∙ Washington, DC ∙ 2018 – 2019
Data Science Student
Participated in a three month, full time Data Science course, completing in-class and personal projects as well as Kaggle competitions. Acquired, cleaned and explored large datasets using Python, and Tableau and then presented findings to both technical and non-technical audiences. Developed a portfolio of individually and collaboratively focused in-class projects, including:
- Created a SARIMAX and LSTM Timeseries model in Python that forecasts Dissolved Oxygen levels to measure stream health with 10% error.
- Built a flask Python platform that uses APIs and photo exif data to allow a user to take a picture of a house and be returned the property address, Zillow estimate and the Google street view photo to be used by FEMA assessors as part of a team in partnership with New Light Technologies
- Used Natural Language Processing within Python to create a Support Vector Machine Classification model to predict if a block of text came from the Baking or Cooking subreddit with 88.8% accuracy using scrapping and APIs
- Created a Lasso Regression model within Python to analyze and model Ames housing data to predict house prices with 90% explained variance
- Used Python to analyze and perform exploratory data analysis of historical SAT/ACT data to create data visualization
Mobile Accord: GeoPoll ∙ Washington, DC ∙ 2013 – 2017
Within a year of being hired as a survey administrator developing and programming surveys, promoted to manage the Quality Control Division of Operations team and trained, hired and supervised ten staff members in Nairobi and DC offices.
- Worked directly with clients including USAID, WFP, Coca Cola, Unilever and Africa Report Magazine to develop surveys tailored to their needs
- Analyzed initial data received from users, including reviewing based on demographics and question relationship.
- Developed operation management processes used by teams across the company to ensure consistency in project hand-off and quality of end product
- Managed relationships with 35+ African Mobile carriers, including administrating financial account balance of $100k+ for incentive program
Maryland Association for Environmental and Outdoor Education ∙ Jessup, MD ∙ 2010 – 2011
Maryland Green School Organizer
- Developed training materials and led training sessions for MD Green Schools teachers, leaders and centers
- Organized youth leadership component at Annual Youth Summit, including workshops, an elected official town hall and student presentations
- Maintained Excel database of certified Green Schools and associated personnel and conducted high level analysis of percentage of schools per county that were certified to understand areas for growth